Ways to Celebrate Australia Day
By Viator, December 2017
- Attend the official Australia day celebrations in Canberra, including an Australian flag raising ceremony, citizenship ceremonies, and a huge fireworks display.
- Watch the Australia Day Parade in Melbourne, and then dine aboard the Colonial Tramcar Restaurant.
- Join the crowds for the gigantic Australia Day Party in Sydney’s Darling Harbour. Afterwards, cool off with a swim at Bondi Beach.
- Tuck into Aussie treats like pavlova, chocolate tim tams, and meat pies at the Great Australian Bites festival on Brisbane’s Southbank.
- Admire the Australia Day Skyworks in Perth from the water on a Swan River cruise.
- Make like a local and enjoy an Aussie barbecue or “sausage sizzle,” attend a beach or pool party, or watch a cricket match.
- Celebrate Australia Day by checking off some of Australia’s bucket list wonders—climbing the Sydney Harbour Bridge, snorkeling or scuba diving at the Great Barrier Reef, or driving along the famous Great Ocean Road.
Tours & Tickets
Make the most of your visit to the Great Barrier Reef on a full-day tour by fast boat, with five hours to enjoy two premium spots on the reef with snorkeling ... Read more
Location: Cairns, Australia
Duration: 8 hours 30 minutes (approx.)
Experience the spectacular Great Ocean Road on a full-day tour from Melbourne. Travel by comfortable minicoach on this majestic stretch of Victoria’s ... Read more
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Duration: 14 hours 30 minutes (approx.)
Take in the charming views of the upper reaches of the Swan River and Perth's surrounding city on this Swan Valley Wine Cruise from Perth. Enjoy morning and ... Read more
Location: Perth, Australia
Duration: 7 hours (approx.)