When the cherry trees bloom and fallen petals blanket the streets, Tokyo might be at its prettiest. But sakura is not the only reason to visit in spring. Temperatures are warm but not as hot as the humid summers, plus festivals, cultural celebrations, and strawberry picking abound. Here are a few ways to relish a Tokyo visit in spring.
- Pedal through the streets of Tokyo on a small-group bicycle tour.
- Explore gardens, temples, and shopping areas, and enjoy a cruise on Tokyo Bay on a full-day city tour.
- Visit the city’s top landmarks, watch a tea ceremony, enjoy skyline views from Tokyo Tower’s observation deck, and embark on a river cruise on a comprehensive day tour.
- Delve into the local culinary scene on an evening food tour.
- Thrill to the sights and sounds of the Tokyo Robot Restaurant evening cabaret show.
- Zoom to Kyoto on a bullet train and see the ancient capital’s top sights on a Kyoto rail tour.
- Explore Mt. Fuji, Lake Ashi, and the Mt. Komagatake Ropeway on a day trip by bullet train.
- Soak in the nature and history of Nikko National Park, the Toshogu Shrine, and Edo Wonderland on a day trip to Nikko.
- Pick strawberries and enjoy views of Mt. Fuji on a day trip to Lake Motosu.