Built between 1911 and 1914 by well-known Canadian financier, industrialist and military officer Sir Henry Pellat, it took $3.5 million and over 300 laborers to complete the project. After only 10 years of ownership, however, Pellat endured financial hardship and was forced abandon Casa Loma. Eventually, it was restored by the Kiwanis Club of Casa Loma and opened as a tourist attraction in 1937.
Editor’s Note: This recommendation was taken from our Toronto Things to Do blog. Visit the original post to continue reading the full post and to learn more about things to do in Toronto.