Palazzo Mocenigo in Venice was built in the late Renaissance period and was extensively rebuilt in a Gothic style in the early 17th century. It was once the home of the Mocenigo family, a prestigious family in Venice, and seven members of the family became doges between 1414 and 1778. The last descendent of the Mocenigo family left the palace to the city in order for it to become a museum, which opened in 1985 and became the Study Center of the History of Fabrics and Costumes.
Aside from large collections of ancient fabrics and clothes, the museum also has a library that houses books on the history of fabrics, costumes, and fashion. The exhibition area shows different aspects of the life and activities of a Venetian nobleman during the 17th and 18th centuries. There is also a new exhibit focusing on the history of perfumes and essences.
Palazzo Mocenigo is located at Santa Croce 1992. Entrance is 8 euros.