British Columbia’s capital city, charming Victoria is filled with things to do—both for city slickers and outdoor adventurers. It’s a popular day trip and overnight destination from Vancouver for couples who visit for the city’s romantic architecture, history, and waterfront setting. Here are some of the best activities for couples in Victoria.
- Stop and smell the roses on a trip through the famous 55-acre (22-hectare) Butchart Gardens.
- Stroll hand-in-hand through downtown Victoria on a guided food and history tour to take in the city’s atmosphere.
- Visit several wineries and sample their wares on a winery tour to the Cowichan Valley.
- Cozy up behind a clip-clopping horse on a classic carriage ride for two around the Fairmont Empress Hotel, the Victoria Inner Harbour, and the downtown area.
- Hop on a bicycle and learn about Victoria’s history on a bike tour of the city’s many castles and neighborhoods.
- Hike to the top of Gowlland Tod for spectacular views of the surrounding scenery.
- Indulge in the luxury of a private seaplane flight followed by a three-course dinner.