West Midland Safari & Leisure Park
There’s plenty to see and do at West Midland Safari & Leisure Park. Take a self-guided safari drive through an African Savannah and Asian jungle, before learning about reptiles or lemurs at one of the daily talks or watching penguin, hippo, and meerkat feedings.
You can also explore discovery trails on foot, marvel over animatronic dinosaurs, and enjoy the two on-site adventure parks—younger children will love the gentle rides in Boj’s Giggly Park, while older kids can brave the rollercoasters in Adventure Theme Park for an extra fee. Make the most of your visit by staying overnight in one of the safari lodges or book admission tickets in advance to save time on the day.
Things to Know Before You Go
Children ages three and below always enter for free.
The basic park admission fee doesn’t include access to rides in the Adventure Theme Park; buy your multi-ride theme park wristband online in advance.
You can stay overnight at one the park’s on-site safari lodges.
There are daily feedings, shows, and talks at West Midland Safari & Leisure Park and access is included in the price of admission.
Plan to spend a full day enjoying the park’s multiple zones, shows, and attractions, as well as on-site cafes and eateries.
West Midland Safari & Leisure Park is fully wheelchair and stroller accessible.
How to Get There
West Midlands Safari & Leisure Park is situated just off the A465 to Bewdley and most visitors find it easiest to arrive by private vehicle, especially as on-site parking is free. The closest train station is just 2.5 miles (4 kilometers) away in nearby Kidderminster. From there, visitors can take a taxi to the safari park.
When to Get There
West Midland Safari & Leisure Park is typically open from mid-February until early November, between the mid-morning and the late afternoon. With so much to see and do, arrive early to make the most of your visit and avoid the school holiday periods when the park is at its busiest.
What to Do Nearby
After enjoying the sights and sounds of West Midland Safari & Leisure Park, pay a visit to Kidderminster to tour the Kidderminster Railway Museum or learn about looms at the Carpet Museum. Farther afield, Hartlebury Castle houses the Worcestershire County Museum, while steam train aficionados won’t want to miss a ride on the Severn Valley Railway.
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Western Ireland
- Things to do in South West Ireland
- Things to do in North West England
- Things to do in Galway
- Things to do in Dingle
- Things to do in Shannon
- Things to do in Killarney
- Things to do in Ring of Kerry
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in South West England
- Things to do in North East England
- Things to do in Northeast Scotland
- Things to do in Yorkshire
- Things to do in South East England
- Cadbury World
- Winterbourne House and Garden
- LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Birmingham
- National SEA LIFE® Centre Birmingham
- Pen Museum
- Thinktank Birmingham Science Museum
- Shakespeare's Houses & Gardens
- National Motorcycle Museum
- Harvard House
- Holy Trinity Church
- Royal Shakespeare Theatre
- Drayton Manor
- Powis Castle (Castell Powys)
- World Rugby Hall of Fame
- Alton Towers