Things to Do With Kids in York
By Viator, December 2017
- Take a journey into York’s dark history with a gruesome tour of the York Dungeons, where notorious villains like Dick Turpin and Guy Fawkes are brought to life.
- Visit York Minster, a stunning cathedral, with free explorer backpacks for the kids, which include magnifying glasses, binoculars, and other investigative gadgets.
- See York’s Victorian history come alive at York Castle Museum.
- Explore the Roman city walls, and head to the top of Clifford’s Tower for a view of the historic center.
- Climb on board steam locomotives and Japanese bullet trains at the National Railway Museum, where young rail enthusiasts can also meet Thomas the Tank Engine.
- Travel back in time to the days when the Vikings ruled England, at the Jorvik Viking Centre.
- Delve into York’s eerie past on a ghost walk around the city’s most haunted spots.