Top York Kid-Friendly
Read MoreShow Less
Whether it’s a boat trip on the Ouse River, a visit to the York Dungeon, or an adventure in a cornfield maze, many of York’s attractions appeal to kids of all ages. Here are some ideas for family-friendly fun while visiting the historic walled city.
- Take a journey into York’s dark history with a gruesome tour of the York Dungeons, where notorious villains like Dick Turpin and Guy Fawkes are brought to life.
- Visit York Minster, a stunning cathedral, with free explorer backpacks for the kids, which include magnifying glasses, binoculars, and other investigative gadgets.
- See York’s Victorian history come alive at York Castle Museum.
- Explore the Roman city walls, and head to the top of Clifford’s Tower for a view of the historic center.
- Climb on board steam locomotives and Japanese bullet trains at the National Railway Museum, where young rail enthusiasts can also meet Thomas the Tank Engine.
- Travel back in time to the days when the Vikings ruled England, at the Jorvik Viking Centre.
- Delve into York’s eerie past on a ghost walk around the city’s most haunted spots.
1 York Kid-Friendly | All York Tours
Located in East Yorkshire, Bridlington Birds of Prey and Animal Park is home to dozens of exotic bird species and birds of prey, as well as animals ranging from meerkats and alpacas to iguanas and wallabies. Book your tickets in advance, and you’ll have access to the park’s 21 acres of habitat zones; can attend daily feedings, displays, and other educational presentations; and can even upgrade to have park keeper-guided meet-and-greet opportunities with the animals.
- York Maze
- Yorkshire Museum of Farming
- Barley Hall
- Jorvik Viking Centre
- Jorvik Dig
- Fairfax House
- York Army Museum
- Mansion House
- Goddards House and Garden
- York Brewery
- York's Chocolate Story
- National Railway Museum
- Clifford's Tower
- Merchant Adventurers' Hall
- Henry VII Experience at Micklegate Bar
- Yorkshire Museum
- Beningbrough Hall
- York Castle Museum
- North Yorkshire Moors Railway
- York Cold War Bunker
Things to do near York
- Things to do in Yorkshire
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in Oxford
- Things to do in Edinburgh
- Things to do in London
- Things to do in Kingston
- Things to do in Glasgow
- Things to do in North West England
- Things to do in North East England