Tuesday, April 18, 2006
Viator Offers Online Access to Thousands of Destination Tours and Activities around the Globe
San Francisco, CA– April 18, 2006 – Is the concrete jungle getting you down? With Earth Day approaching, it may just be the perfect time to get away and back to nature with eco-inspired tours and other outdoor adventures available through www.viator.com.
Viator is the world’s leading provider of destination activities that provides a convenient one-stop online resource to help travelers research, book and plan “the things you do when you get there.” As part of its global portfolio of more than 4,200 activities in 420 cities in 70 countries, Viator’s team of experts have hand-picked a few eco-friendly tours in honor of Earth Day, April 22, that meet a variety of tastes and preferences and are available for enjoyment throughout most of the year.
• Midnight Sun Alaska Hiking Adventure – Departing from downtown Anchorage, participants take full advantage of the Alaskan evening summer sun. Suitable for any skill level, the hike provides amazing views, high probabilities of wildlife, and excellent opportunities to view Mt. McKinley. This nighttime hiking adventure lasts approximately three and one-half hours and starts at only $86.50 per person. This tour is seasonal and commences after May 1.
• Hawaii Volcano Adventure - This excursion features the closest approach to the recent lava flows allowed by Civil Defense and local authorities. If conditions permit, participants reach the edge of a 2000º molten lava flow. Available year round, this tour lasts approximately nine hours and starts at $61.30 per person.
The High-Skies Roller
• Yosemite National Park Deluxe Tour – Fly directly from Las Vegas to California to tour the scenic countryside and view the magnificent landscape of Yosemite National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The towering granite cliffs of El Capitan, the thundering Bridalveil Falls, and awe-inspiring Half Dome will beckon you to explore, photograph and experience their grandeur. Available year round, the tour, including airfare from Las Vegas, costs $343.92 per person and lasts approximately 13 hours. Similar packages are also available from San Francisco.
• Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour – Soar above the masses to get a bird’s eye view of this stunning UNESCO World Heritage Site. Available year round, pricing is as low as $124.90 per person for a basic 30-minute helicopter tour to $204.34 per person for a two-day, one-night stay at a Las Vegas resort hotel with helicopter tour. Packages are also offered departing from Las Vegas, Sedona, Flagstaff and Phoenix.
The Animal Lover
• Whale Watching Cruise – Departing from Boston, visit Stellwagen Bank (the East Coast's most famous whale watching destination) with a naturalist from the noted Whale Center of New England. The cruise, which starts at $40.25 per person for a three-hour tour, is available through October 31.
• Special Everglades Tour - Visit the Everglades Outpost Wildlife Refuge to get up close and personal with both native and exotic animals. The tour also includes a trip to an alligator farm and an airboat ride to view the many plants and animals native to this UNESCO World Heritage Site. Available year round, the six hour tour starts at $62.00 per person.
The Family Man…and Woman…and Kids
• Florida Adventure Tour – Swim and snorkel outside of Orlando in the home of the Florida manatee. Certified dive masters and manatee experts will lead the way during this full-day tour, spent in the wildlife sanctuaries of the Crystal River and Homosassa State Wildlife Park. The tour is available year round, starting at $108.99 per person and lasts approximately 11 hours.
• Mount St. Helens Day Tour - Learn more about the mountain as well as take a photo or two to mark the 25th anniversary of the famous eruption of Mt. St. Helens. The 11-hour tour is available beginning May 1, starting as low as $85.95 per person.
By booking activities through Viator in advance of departure, travelers get the comfort of knowing they will be able to do what they want when they get there with the security of a low-price guarantee. Travelers also have the confidence of knowing the Viator in-house team of travel experts routinely review and validate the quality, value and service of its local operators and attractions to ensure the best possible experience, all at competitive prices. And, every booking through Viator is eligible for airline miles through participating airline programs, including United Mileage Plus, Delta Sky Miles, American AAdvantage.
Viator, www.viator.com, is the world’s leading online resource for travel experiences – what you do when you get there, providing access to more than 4,200 sightseeing tours, attractions and activities in more than 420 destinations in 70 countries. Viator -- the Latin word for traveler -- offers online consumers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities that meet a variety of tastes and preferences, including sightseeing tours, theater tickets, soft adventure trips, attraction passes, wine and culinary excursions, and many “well kept secrets,” off the beaten path. Viator’s in-house travel experts help take the guess work out of planning by hand-picking respected and trusted local operators to ensure a quality experience, value and service. Viator, founded in 1995, sells its products directly to consumers at www.viator.com as well as through distribution relationships with more than 3,500 online travel agencies, hotel and airline companies, city-specific sites and more.
Some content licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
© 1997–2016 Viator, Inc. 330202 All rights reserved. Viator is a registered trademark of Viator, Inc.
is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc. Travel with an Insider is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Viator's Terms & Conditions.