Widely considered among the United Kingdom’s top sites of interest, Bath and Windsor boast beautiful architecture, fine views, and centuries of colorful history—all within easy reach of London. Here are a few tips to make the most of your visit.
- Visit two of England’s top destinations in one day.
- Stroll along the Georgian streets of Bath and discover highlights such as the historic Roman Baths.
- Delve into 900 years of English history at Windsor Castle, home to Her Majesty the Queen of England.
- Relax and enjoy your adventure with round-trip travel included from London.
- Combine a tour to Bath or Windsor with a visit to Stonehenge.
Things to See in Bath
The UNESCO–listed city of Bath lies 114 miles (183 kilometers) west of London, about three hours away by road. The city is famous for its impressive Roman relics and Georgian architecture, with highlights including Bath Abbey and the Roman Baths. In addition to the landmarks, visitors can enjoy traditional British pubs with sweeping views over the pretty Avon River.
Things to See in Windsor
Windsor is a historic market town located 25 miles (40 kilometers) west of London, about an hour away by road. Nestled on the banks of the River Thames, the town is perhaps most famously home to Windsor Castle—Her Majesty the Queen’s official residence—but there’s even more to see. Wander along the famous Long Walk in Windsor Great Park; see soldiers marching along Windsor High Street for the Changing of the Guard ceremony; and gain insight into 900 years of English history.