Marvin Braude Bike Trail
Formally named the Marvin Braude Bike Trail (after a long-serving L.A. City Council member who championed the preservation of open space in the Santa Monica Mountains), but most locals call this epic ribbon of seaside concrete the Santa Monica Bike Path or The Strand. This skating-, jogging-, biking- and pedestrian-friendly thoroughfare stretches 26 miles alongside the Pacific Ocean from Will Rogers State Beach in Pacific Palisades to the far end of the Palos Verdes Peninsula, in Torrance.
The journey is almost entirely flat and passes by numerous public restrooms and eateries, especially at Venice Beach and Manhattan Beach. By any means, traveling the path is an ideal activity for families and couples, or anyone who wants to find a bit of quiet time and fresh air while visiting this enormous city renowned for its traffic.
The Santa Monica Pier makes an excellent starting point for a bike-path journey, and offers several places to rent bicycles.
Suchen. Filtern. Buchen.
Aktivitäten in der Nähe von Los Angeles
- Aktivitäten in Kalifornien
- Aktivitäten in Santa Monica
- Aktivitäten in Long Beach
- Aktivitäten in Newport Beach
- Aktivitäten in Santa Catalina
- Aktivitäten in Santa Barbara
- Aktivitäten in Carlsbad
- Aktivitäten in La Jolla
- Aktivitäten in Palm Springs
- Aktivitäten in San Diego
- Aktivitäten in Pismo Beach
- Aktivitäten in Las Vegas
- Aktivitäten in Yosemite-Nationalpark
- Aktivitäten in Baja California
- Aktivitäten in Nevada