Die eingegebene E-Mail-Adresse oder das Passwort ist nicht korrekt. Wenn Sie Ihr Passwort vergessen haben, setzen Sie es bitte zurück. Hier klicken
We just got back from our 3 day Sedona and Grand Canyon Rail Experience and have nothing but great things to say. The guides were knowledgeable, the hotels were very clean and comfortable, wonderful restaurants and were given excellent instruction on times, tickets, etc. The only thing I would improve upon is upgrading packages where you can stay in Sedona 2 nights and the Grand Canyon for 2 nights. Our vacation was one to remember.
This tour offered more than we expected! I would highly recommend this to anyone! The service was wonderful. Everything was explained in detail as to what would happen next where we would be picked up, what time, how long the drive would take to the train station, etc. That was important for me as my memory is failing. Everyone was kind, knowledgeable and accommodating. Please give this tour your first consideration!
The scheduling of a three day tour was very difficult for Viator. They had to work through different agencies some of whom were amateurs. So the details of the trip were not good but the tours in each place were excellent.
On the positive side:the tour guides were all outstanding, the train ride was fun, and the Grand Canyon hotel outstanding.
On the negative side: the Arabella Hotel Sedona had no hot water in the morning for showers and told us to run the water for 10-15 and it may get hot. Our friends said their water was tepid but had no pressure coming out of the faucets. That is not good!!!! Next, we were left for two hours by ourselves waiting for a tour and when we went to find the offices we were supposed to go to, we found that our itinerary had no address for the office, the office name was wrong, and the phone number to call put us on hold and then later called our home landline but not our cell phone. We ultimately had to hire a taxi to find our tour bus. If it weren't for the excellence of the tour guides and the Grand Canyon hotel, we would give this a lower review.
This trip was fabulous. My mother is 80yrs old and we had a wonderful time. Our trip started in Phoenix neing shuttled to Sedona for the first night. Beautiful place. Next to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon for our second night. What a great experience. My mother is 80yrs old. It was great.
Flawed trip with beautiful vistas
1. Van was 2 plus hours late on initial pickup -- only after three calls did we get a live body from Arizona Tours and then it took a while longer to pick us up. The results were we were really anxious trying find out what happened and we lost 2-3 hours of time in Sedona. To be fair, we were given a voucher for lunch at the El Tovar hotel to make amends.
2. Lunch at Maswik Lodge immediately after train trip was horrible. We were asked to line up for cafeteria food, which did not look appetizing to say the least. A sample of the fare: the chicken soup was red in color.
3. On the 5 hour trip from Grand Canyon to Phoenix, the van stopped at, we believe, at Del Taco, a fast food restaurant, which was bleak, empty . We decided not to eat.
4.The van trips were at times uncomfortable. On the Initial trip we changed driver and van at least once, possibly more. On the 5 hour trip to Phoenix, the passengers and luggage were packed into the van like sardines. Luggage was placed on the seats to get everything in so it was hard to move.
On the positive side, the views of Sedona and the Grand Canyon were spectacular. We enjoyed the scenery and much of the commentary. The lodging was also solid, especially the room in Sedona.
Suggested remedies for the flaws:
1. Arizona tours has lots of vans going to and fro. Someone should always be on duty to take distress calls. It is especially disturbing when your first, second and third phone calls go unanswered.
2. As to lunch at Maswik Lodge, here are two suggested fixes:
a give folks a packaged lunch with a choice of sandwiches or
b give folks a voucher for eating at the food stations in another section of the lodge
3. For the trip to Phoenix, give folks a choice of places to eat. Take a vote. See what makes sense.
4. Use the appropriate size vehicle or van so passengers can feel comfortable
Last year, we took a 4 day Viator trip from Rome to Cinque Terre and loved it and submitted a very positive review 5 stars. What is more, we also recommended Viator to relatives that took a Viator trip in Norway. To our other friends, we talked up how good Viator was.
No more. As this is review is typed, the Popps, Bernice and Bill, have become skeptical of Viator. We may consider Viator for our next trip, but we are just as likely to pass over Viator. We certainly will not give Viator unvarnished praise.
Please email us and tell us what will be done to fix the problems.
Bernice and William Popp
This is a great tour to cover a lot of experiences in a short time. The guides were wonderful and every thing was organized very well, all went smoothly. My sister and I were traveling with our 80 yr. old mom, so it was important to us that we were not stressed out over details. It is a very long 3 days, just because there is so much to see and do, so we were all pretty worn out the day after our tour! Cannot say enough good things about this one! Tip: lots of layers for Canyon and bring binoculars!