Die eingegebene E-Mail-Adresse oder das Passwort ist nicht korrekt. Wenn Sie Ihr Passwort vergessen haben, setzen Sie es bitte zurück. Hier klicken
We really enjoyed this 2-1/2 walking tour. Our tour guide, Petra, was excellent in every way, being very professional, being so knowledgeable as she described the sites in appropriate details, maintaining high interest in us to ensure our understanding, displaying humor when appropriate, being attentive to our interests and our walking ability as we climbed some small hills, and speaking clearly in very understandable English. We learned so much about Zagreb’s history and culture that made this a highlight of our entire 5-days in Zagreb. Petra also provided some excellent suggestions for things to see and do after the tour, including restaurants. We highly recommend this tour.
This is a great tour and a wonderful way to see the city. My husband and I did the evening tour and really enjoyed seeing different parts of the upper and lower towns, learning about the history of Zagreb, and appreciated our guide answering all of our questions throughout the tour. Definitely recommend!
- The price and time. It was expensive enough to make doing it a discussion rather than automatic but was worth every penny. We were the only ones who signed up for the tour but they didn't cancel and we had our own private guide. The 5:00 pm tour was convenient since it was summer and was very warm during the day. We saw some great sunset views from the upper town as well.
- The duration was just right at 2 - 2.5 hours. We did a lot of walking but there isn't anything I didn't want to see.
- The tunnel through the mountain hill that has recently reopened to pedestrians. Seeing where folks sheltered during WWII and what they've done with it in the past few years was interesting and impressive.
- Our guide provided great background information on all of the sites and explained much of the cultural significance to each of them.
- Our guide was kind enough to take some photos of us so we had some pics that weren't selfies.
- The city is very clean and well kept.
Things to Know:
- Wear comfortable shoes. This is a walking tour and there are hills to walk up/down, stairs to climb, and cobblestone streets that will trap your heals. I wore very comfy flats and was fine but this isn't the time to break in a new pair of anything. I expect most other tour participants wear sneakers, Toms, or something similar.
- If you're a lady, wear trousers pants or a skirt that is appropriate for going inside a church. I didn't think about it and wore shorts so I had to lurk outside the entrance to one of them. Totally my own fault, but something western travelers should keep in mind.
- More of a general comment, but a lot of people smoke in Zagreb. Gross.
A wonderful walking tour of the heart of Zagreb. Our guide combined the history of the city with short stories that were relevent and timely. The pace was perfect and allowed for photos. She combined explanations of current sights such as the history of the market, drawings on the walls, with sights that went back to early times. She also provided us with recommended restaurants and additional sights. A real plus for someone who wants to learn and just not see.