Top Hungary Archaeology Tours
3 Hungary Archaeology Tours | All Hungary Tours
Discover castles and palaces, museums and ruins, and more on this private, medieval-history-themed tour of Keszthely. Located on Lake Balaton, the city has been settled since Roman times. With this flexible option, you can customize your itinerary and look forward to discovering highlights like Festetics Palace, the Balaton Museum, Sumeg Castle, and more. As you go, learn about the region’s rich history, and stop for a local meal (own expense).
Escape the bustling capital on a private day tour of Tapolca’s cave system and Kinizsi Castle from Budapest. See the underground system and lake, with the option to explore by boat, then enjoy free time to discover Tapolca’s quaint streets and restaurants, before heading to the historic Kinizsi Castle. Travel to the outlying locations with ease via private car, and relax with round-trip transfer from your Budapest hotel.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Taking safety measures
Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitised between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
Escape the hustle and bustle of the city and discover the UNESCO-listed Caves of Aggtelek Karst on a day trip from Budapest. Stop in towns and villages along the way, including Eger, to gain insight into Hungarian culture and sample local food and drink. In the national park, select a route and explore with a guide for insight into the underground labyrinth. Relax after a day’s sightseeing with included round-trip transfer from your hotel.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Archaeology Tours in Hungary?
The best Archaeology Tours in Hungary according to Viator travelers are:
- Medieval History & Explorer Tour around Keszthely and Lake Balaton
- Cave Lake to Tapolca and Tihany private tour
- Aggtelek Caves UNESCO site and Eger town tour with lunch
What tours in Hungary are taking additional safety precautions?
What tours in Hungary are good for avoiding crowds?
- Museum of Fine Arts Budapest (Szépmuvészeti Múzeum)
- Museum of Applied Arts (Iparmuvészeti Múzeum)
- Heroes' Square (Hosök Tere)
- Andrássy Avenue (Andrássy Út)
- Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- Vörösmarty Square (Vörösmarty Tér)
- Kiscell Museum (Kiscelli Múzeum)
- Museum of Military History (Hadtörténeti Múzeum)
- Lukács Thermal Bath (Szent Lukács Gyógyfürdo)
- Gozsdu Courtyard (Gozsdu Udvar)
- Budapest Zoo & Botanical Garden (Fővárosi Állat és Növénykert)
- Rudas Thermal Baths (Rudas Gyógyfürdo)
- Rumbach Street Synagogue (Rumbach Zsinagóga)
- Vajdahunyad Castle (Vajdahunyadvár)
- Hungarian State Opera House (Magyar Állami Operaház)
- Gellért Thermal Bath and Spa
- Aeropark Budapest
- House of Terror Museum (Terror Háza Múzeum)
Things to do near Hungary
- Things to do in Budapest
- Things to do in Miskolc
- Things to do in Szentendre
- Things to do in Sopron
- Things to do in Pécs
- Things to do in Slovakia
- Things to do in Serbia
- Things to do in Northern Hungary
- Things to do in Banská Bystrica
- Things to do in Bratislava
- Things to do in Timisoara
- Things to do in Western Romania
- Things to do in Lower Austria
- Things to do in Transylvania