Johannesburg has most of Africa's tallest buildings, and the building that's held the title of Africa's tallest office building for nearly four decades is the Carlton Centre.
The Carlton Centre is a combination office building and shopping center. The 50-storey building stands at 732 feet, but almost half of its floor area is below the ground level – that's where the majority of the shopping is located, in an underground shopping mall that's one of the city's top shopping destinations. Until 1997, the Carlton Centre was connected via this underground mall to the luxury Carlton Hotel.
The top floor of the Carlton Centre is known as the “Top of Africa,” and offers some of the best views overlooking Johannesburg.
Tours and tickets to Experience Carlton Centre
What are Carlton Centre hours of operation?
Should I book Carlton Centre tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Carlton Centre 2021?
What's the best way to experience Carlton Centre?
- Innercity Walking Tour
- Johannesburg, Soweto and Apartheid Museum
- City Sightseeing Hop-On Hop-Off Johannesburg
- City Sightseeing Johannesburg Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour
Things to do near Johannesburg
- Things to do in Gauteng
- Things to do in Pretoria
- Things to do in Gaborone
- Things to do in Durban
- Things to do in Port Elizabeth
- Things to do in Victoria Falls
- Things to do in Livingstone
- Things to do in Kasane
- Things to do in Harare
- Things to do in KwaZulu-Natal
- Things to do in Western Cape
- Things to do in Zanzibar
- Things to do in Kilimanjaro