With 300 sunny days a year and a lively beachfront promenade, Agadir is Morocco's top destination for sea and sand. Time-pressed travelers to Marrakech can get a taste for this seaside resort on a day trip. Here's what you need to know before you go.
Those with limited time who are traveling on a budget can catch Agadir's highlights on a group tour to the modern seaside city from Marrakech. Group numbers are limited for a more personal, intimate experience, with plenty of time allotted to see both the Atlantic Coast and the old town of the "Miami of Morocco."
Opting for private day trips to Agadir allows for a more flexible itinerary to explore the sites most important to you, such as the port of Agadir, the local fish market, the medina, Agadir Beach, the 16th-century Kasbah Agadir Oufella, or the Mohamed V Mosque. Those who'd prefer to spend some extra time in the city on their own Agadir excursion can go for a private transfer from Marrakech instead.
Things to Know
- Agadir is located 110 miles (177 kilometers) southeast of Marrakech, a journey of about three hours by road.
- Day trips can last upwards of 10 hours due to the driving distances involved.
- Don't forget to bring swimming gear, sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat for Agadir's famous warm weather.
- For those based in Agadir, day tours are available to Marrakech, Taroudant, and the Tiout Oasis.
- Most trips include hotel pickup and drop-off, as well as English-speaking guides.