With the summer tourist crush a thing of the past and Halloween and Thanksgiving celebrations on the horizon, fall is a fantastic time for travelers to explore the Big Apple. See below for how to make the most out of a fall trip to New York City.
- Enjoy bird’s-eye views of the NYC skyline and Central Park foliage on a helicopter ride.
- Get into the spooky spirit of Halloween with a ghost tour of Greenwich Village or a scary Broadway musical.
- Embark on a leaf-peeping river cruise.
- See the giant balloons, floats, and marching bands of the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- Take in the dazzling city views from the sky-high observation decks of the Empire State Building or One World Trade Center.
- Alternate between fresh-air activities, such as a bike ride, and indoor attractions, such as the Metropolitan Museum of Art, with an NYC sightseeing and activity pass.