Nicknamed "The Pearl of the Atlantic," the Brazilian city of Guarujá hosts the closest stretch of beach to São Paulo, making it a wildly popular weekend destination among Paulistanos. A total of 23 beaches stretch across the city front. And being right in the heart of downtown, Pitangueiras is the most popular beach — it’s near Avenue Puglisi where there's a shopping mall, and local artisans sell their handicrafts at the nearby plaza on weekends and holidays.
Guarujá Enseada is another lively beach with tons of kiosks selling coconuts, beer, and snacks. Pernambuco is where the locals sun themselves, and every self-respecting surfer heads to Praia do Tombo. Another unique beach along the Guarujá oceanfront is Iporanga, which has its own waterfall and freshwater swimming pool.
Guarujá is famous for its buzzing nightlife. And for outdoorsy types, there's Guarujá Golf Club with its acclaimed golf course. For cyclists, a bike path stretches along the length of Enseada beach. Also by Enseada is Acqua Mundo Theme Park — home to the biggest aquarium in South America with over 700 species of fish. You can also visit the 16th-century Barra Grande Fortress, built to protect the local village against pirate attacks.
Ways to experience Guarujá
Browse. Filter. Book.
What's the best way to experience Guarujá?
- Private 8-hour Tour to Santos City and Guarujá Island
- Private Santos and Guaruja Tour from São Paulo
- Beaches Tour: Santos, São Vicente and Guaruja from São Paulo
- Day Trip Tour to Santos And Guaruja
Things to do near Sao Paulo
- Things to do in Southeast Brazil
- Things to do in Santos
- Things to do in Paraty
- Things to do in Ilha Grande
- Things to do in Curitiba
- Things to do in Rio de Janeiro
- Things to do in Balneario Camboriu
- Things to do in Florianopolis
- Things to do in Búzios
- Things to do in Foz do Iguacu
- Things to do in Puerto Iguazu
- Things to do in South Brazil
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in Belo Horizonte
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina