Located less than 2.5 hours from Seward, Alaska’s biggest city sits between the snowcapped peaks of the Alaska and Chugach ranges. This scenic setting is complemented by a rich cultural heritage, top-notch entertainment scene, and a wide range of restaurants and shops. Read up about visiting Anchorage from Seward.
- Soak up the scenery of the Kenai Peninsula along Seward Highway, a National Scenic Byway.
- Stop in Girdwood to ride the aerial tramway to the top of Mt. Alyeska.
- Observe elk, caribou, moose, and other wildlife in their natural habitats.
- Visit some of Alaska’s best distilleries, breweries, and tasting rooms.
- Enjoy hassle-free transfer to Anchorage from Seward after a cruise.
Things to Know
- Anchorage is 127 miles (204 kilometers) northwest of Seward; the drive takes just over two hours.
- Post-cruise transfers to Anchorage often include pickup from the Seward cruise port and drop-off at Anchorage area hotels or the airport.
- Don’t forget your camera; there’s plenty to see along the way.