Set on the narrow southern head of famous Sydney Harbour, Watson's Bay is one of the city's most underrated attractions. Whether it's hiking the Hermitage Foreshore Track or bathing in the buff at Lady Bay Beach, this eastern suburb is about being outside and taking in the views of the harbor. That is, of course, unless you’re seated at a café enjoying some fish and chips, which locals suggest are some of the best you'll find in all of Sydney. History buffs can wander the bluffs to see guns, cannons and military installations that have guarded Sydney Harbor, while swimmers can head to Camp Cove Beach to splash in the protected waters.
The hiking trails here run all the way to down to Bondi and up to Hornby Lighthouse, which looks out toward the northern head and all of Sydney Harbour. The easiest way to visit Watson's Bay is by jumping on a ferry or hop-on, hop-off cruise and then either exploring on your own or as part of a guided walking tour.
Should I book Watsons Bay tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Watsons Bay 2021?
What's the best way to experience Watsons Bay?
- Sydney Harbour Luxury Sailing Trip including Lunch
- Sydney Harbour Hop-on Hop-off Cruise
- Sydney Combo: Hop-On Hop-Off Harbor Cruise and Hop-On Hop-Off City Bus Tour
- Sydney Harbour Progressive Long Lunch Cruise
Things to do near Sydney
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Byron Bay
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Gold Coast
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Brisbane
- Things to do in Mornington Peninsula
- Things to do in Phillip Island
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Noosa & Sunshine Coast
- Things to do in Great Ocean Road
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Tasmania