Are you interested in?
155 Tours & Activities
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
942 Tours & Activities
Revolution Square (Piata Revolutiei) Tours
140 Tours & Activities
3 to 4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks provided for travellers
Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
Skip the impersonal tourist excursions and enjoy an individualized experience on a private tour that explores the rise and fall of the Socialist Republic of Romania and its impact on the city itself. Visit landmarks including the Centrul Civic and the Old City, and listen as your guide shares insight into their architecture and symbolism. Save time finding a meeting point with hotel pickup and drop-off included.
- Enjoy the personalized nature of a private tour
- See the physical remnants of the communist era
- Learn about the impact of communist rule on the city from your guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off are included for a seamless experience
Saved to wishlist!
Professional licensed guide
Free Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please provide pick-up address when booking the tour (if available at the time of booking).
Your private guide will pick you up from your hotel reception but also from a guesthouse or apartment. Basically, we offer free pick-up & drop-off in any location in Bucharest.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved (up to 3 Km in total)
- Slow paced tour with several stops for rest/refreshments
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Unveil Romania
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during The Ashes of Communism - Bucharest Private Tour?
The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks provided for travellers
What is the policy on sanitization during The Ashes of Communism - Bucharest Private Tour?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- "This is a walking trip so you will get to see the architecture and also little places off the beaten track." See review
Product code: 31145P1
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingBucharestCity Tours - WallachiaWalking Tours - WallachiaHistorical Tours - WallachiaCity Tours - OtopeniWalking Tours - OtopeniHistorical Tours - OtopeniCity Tours - BrasovWalking Tours - BrasovHistorical Tours - BrasovCategory
Bucharest Jewish History MuseumGrigore Antipa National Museum of Natural HistoryChoral Temple (Templul Coral)Bucharest University PalaceGreat Synagogue (Sinagoga Mare)CEC Palace (Palatul CEC)Pasajul Macca-Vilacrosse (Macca-Villacrosse Passage)Stavropoleos Monastery (Manastirea Stavropoleos)Holocaust MemorialMuseum of Senses BucharestPatriarchal Cathedral (Metropolitan Church)National Museum of Romanian History (Muzeul National de Istorie a Romaniei)Romanian Peasant Museum (Muzeul National al Taranului Roman)Romanian Athenaeum (Ateneul Roman)Victoriei Street (Calea Victoriei)LipscaniGeorge Enescu National Museum (Cantacuzino Palace)