Are you interested in?
Explore our promoted experiences
- Make your own Italian pizza and gelato in this Florence cooking class
- Sample a variety of different pizzas and gelato flavors
- Learn tips and traditional Italian culinary methods from a professional chef
- Take home a recipe booklet at the end of the class
Departure & Return
Florencetown cooking school is located in Via Panicale 43red (close to Central Market)
What To Expect
As you get started with your chef, learn about the history of pizza-making in Italy, and the distinct characteristics between pies from each Italian region. Sample an array of pizza flavors as you go and then throw your own creation in the oven to bake.
Continue with a lesson in dessert, as you receive instruction on crafting traditional Italian gelato. While this sweet treat does share similarities to ice cream found in other countries, it typically has a lower amount of butterfat and a unique freezing process that accounts for its dense, flavorful consistency. As your instructor shows you the secrets of the trade, enjoy plenty of samples to satisfy your sweet tooth.
After your class concludes, take home your insider’s tips from your chef to impress your friends in the kitchen.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- RAIN POLICY:
- The tour runs rain or shine.
- No-shows will not be refunded.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travellers
- OPERATED BY Florencetown
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travellers
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms