Kauai’s charming historic towns and unspoiled tropical scenery make it a popular filming location for films and TV shows. After morning pickup at your hotel, travel aboard an air-conditioned coach with your friendly guide to 13 different filming locations. Along the way, learn some Hawaiian Hollywood trivia and watch clips of films shot on Kauai.
See the pristine beaches, verdant cliffs and historic towns that made starring turns in modern megahits such as Jurassic Park, Tropic Thunder, Pirates of the Caribbean and The Descendants, as well older classics like South Pacific, Fantasy Island and Elvis’ Blue Hawaii. See Itinerary below for a complete list of sites and films.
Take a break from location scouting midway through your tour and savor a delicious Hawaiian lunch at a local restaurant (included). At the end of your 6-hour tour, you’ll be dropped off back at your hotel.
List of sites visited and which movies/shows were filmed there (*Indicates a stop):
• Wailua Falls - Fantasy Island, Dragonfly, Castaway Cowboy and The Amazing Race
• Wailua Falls* - Tropic Thunder
• Hanamalu Bay* - Donovan's Reef, Pagan Love Song, Six Days Seven Nights and Voodoo Island
• Opaekaa Falls* - Donovan's Reef, Lt. Robin Crusoe, USN and Seven Women from Hell
• Coco Palms* - Blue Hawaii, Fantasy Island, She Gods of Shark Reef, Dinocroc vs Supergator and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
• Kauai Sands Beach* - Tropic Thunder
• Kappa Town - Jurassic Park
• Aliomanu* - Six Days Seven Nights and Voodoo Island
• Moloaa Bay* - Gilligan's Island and Castaway Cowboy
• Tahiti Nui* -The Descendants
• Hanalei Valley - Uncommon Valor
• Hanalei Bay* - Miss Sadie Thompson
• Hanalei Pier* - Miss Sadie Thompson, Wackiest Ship in the Army, South Pacific, Beachhead and Acapulco Gold