Explore Morocco’s mountains and desert on a 3-day adventure that goes from Marrakech to Ait Benhaddou, Dades and Todra Gorges, Fez, and Chefchaouen, with an overnight at a desert camp in the Merzouga dunes. You’ll cover some of the country’s most spectacular places in just three days, without using your limited travel days to coordinate separate transport, tours, meals and accommodations—that means even more time to experience Morocco.
Tour begins in Marrakech and ends in Chefchaouen or Tangier
Travel in a climate-controlled vehicle to stay cool and comfortable
Try Moroccan cuisine with included dinners and breakfasts
Classic experience: Ride a camel and sleep in the Merzouga Dunes
Buyer beware... Beautiful sites but terrible stress
, Apr 2019
Pros: (and the only reason for a second star)
* The Sahara desert camel ride and night at the Berber camp was an amazing experience. It was so peaceful and fun.
* The private guided tour in Fes by Badiyah was fantastic! She was an amazing guide and our entire time in Fes was what we expected and more.
* Chefchauoen was gorgeous to visit and I loved having an hour to walk around the city and explore on our own.
* Small side stops to feed the Barbary macaques (Moroccan monkeys!) and a local orange grove were fun.
* The tour company will not drip you off in Tangier as stated on the Viator website. They will demand you pay an additional 250 euro for the transport. Please see below for additional details.
* Did not get the guided tour to explore local Unesco kasbah of Ait Benhaddou. This was supposed to be done on day 1 and the only thing we did was stop during the drive to the desert to take a picture from far away of the Kabash. I asked the guide when we would go to it and he said we would Day 2 but that never happened.
* Did not continue through the Tizi'n'Tichka in the High Atlas mountains on Day 1 as stated on the site.
* Day 2- never visited Khamlia village nor had lunch with Nomad people as described on the tour site.
* The viator site specifications were never followed on the tour (Day 2 items occurred somewhat on Day 1 and didn't experience most of Day 1 items)
Overall I would not recommend this tour. The nice parts were nice because Morocco is a beautiful country but this tour company created significant stress by demanding an additional fee. I spent an hour on the phone with Viator prior to my tour to get this resolved and was told it was. Day 2 on the tour my guide told me the tour company manager asked me to pay the 250 euro fee. I spent the entire 2nd day of my tour having to argue with Viator and the tour company over this ridiculous fee that was being imposed on me. Three different Viator representatives and a supervisor was needed to get final resolution.
The Viator website specifically states that the return would be to "your Chefchauoen or Tangier road/hotel or airport." I should not have been extorted for an additional fee and Viator should have resolved this all the first time I called. It ruined my vacation and caused unnecessary stress. I asked for aa partia refund as 1) I didn't actually get the full experience listed on the Viator and 2) 2/3 of my trip was ruined by all the mess of this additional fee and was denied.