Leave your cruise ship at the port, and make your own way into downtown Oslo to explore by City Sightseeing bus. Show your voucher to the driver and hop aboard at any of the 17 stops around town. How long you stay on board is up to you; hop on and off whenever and wherever you like. Your voucher is valid for 24 hours.
Hop off to see Akershus Fortress, the head-turning medieval castle, surrounded by greenery, or immerse yourself in Norway’s Viking history with a visit to the Viking Ship Museum. Other sights you may want to see include Vigeland Sculpture Park or Christiana Square with its striking architecture.
Stay on board for the full 1.5-hour loop if you wish and sightsee from the comfort of your bus. Read the Itinerary for a list of stops and sights.
This activity is within a 10-minute walk to the Port of Oslo, so you determine the time you return to your ship. Please allow yourself ample time to enjoy the excursion and ensure you have plenty of time to return to port. This shore excursion is not covered by our worry-free policy.
Bus Stops Include:
1. The National Theatre & The Ibsen Museum
2. Norwegian Parliament & National Museum
3. Karl Johan gate & The Royal Palace
4. Majorstuen (transfer to Homenkollen Ski Museum and Tower)
5. Frogner Park & The Vigeland installation
6. Norwegian Museum of Cultural history
7. The Viking ship Museum
8. Kon-Tiki, Fram Polar ship & Maritime Museum
9. The Viking ship Museum
10. Norwegian Museum of Cultural History
11. Aker Brygge & The Astrup Fearnley Museum
12. Nobel Peace Center, Stenersen Museum & Oslo City Hall
13. Akershus Castle & Fortress, Museum of Contemporary Art
14. Oslo Cruise Ship Terminal
15. DFDS Ferry Terminal Oslo
16. Oslo Opera House, Barcode Buildings, tram to Ekeberg
17. Oslo Central Station, Karl Johans gate