Are you interested in?
- Experience the incredible natural beauty of the South Island during this helicopter excursion
- Skip the car and see New Zealand from a bird's eye view
- Soar above scenic areas like Fjordland National Park and Milford Sound
- Cruise the water of Milford Sound marveling at waterfalls and wildlife like dolphins and seals
- Visit the filming location for a scene from 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey'
- Enjoy a picnic lunch set amidst glaciers and waterfalls
- Great way to see New Zealand from a different perspective
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Taxi will be waiting for you outside your Queenstown hotel
Dates: Daily upon request with a minimum of 2 persons.
Return point: Your Queenstown Hotel
What To Expect
Start by zooming from Queenstown over Fjordland National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage area covered by rainforest and dotted with sparkling lakes. Make your first of three alpine landings to have a look around before continuing by helicopter on to Milford Sound, where you’ll board a boat for a wildlife cruise through this sublime outdoor area.
Travel past crashing waterfalls as you watch for Mitre Peak in the distance. As you cruise you’ll also search for seals, dolphins, and Fjordland crested penguins (seasonal). Disembark from the boat and travel by helicopter to your last stop.
Fly on to Earnslaw Burn, a favorite stopping point for fans of “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.” Follow in the path of Bilbo as you pass beneath the waterfalls of Middle Earth (from the scene when the crew departs Rivendell). Even if you’ve never seen these fantasy spectacles, you’re sure to be awed by the impressive scenery of icy glaciers, tumbling waterfalls, and expansive fields of tussock.
Celebrate your day of fun with a picnic lunch before boarding your helicopter for the return flight back to Queenstown, arriving at 12:30pm. You’ll then be transferred to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum of 2 adults per booking
- Maximum of 6 people per booking (subject to weights)
- Infants 3 years and under are free of charge but must sit on the parents lap
- Children rates are from 4 to 12 years old
- Operates in most weather conditions, please wear closed-toe shoes and bring a warm waterproof layer.
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking for helicopter
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travellers
- OPERATED BY Alpine Luxury Tours
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Milford Sound Cruise and Helicopter Flight including Scenic Landings from Queenstown.