Private Tour: The Face of Modern Shanghai
Price varies by group size
- Private tour of modern Shanghai
- Visit the Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Center
- Visit the Shanghai Expo 2010 park
- Take the sleek, high-speed Shanghai Maglev Train to Pudong, Shanghai's financial district
- Drive through the Lujiazui Finance and Trade Zone
- Private guide ensures a unique and personalized experience
- Lunch included at a local restaurant
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
Departure PointDeparts from Shanghai hotels
Return DetailsReturns to original point of departure
What To Expect
Start your day with pickup from Shanghai hotels at 8am, continuing by private vehicle with your guide to the first stop at the Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Center. Discover some of the city’s more recent urban developments, along with the many projects planned for the near future. You’ll also be able to inspect old and contemporary photographs of the city and view a 3D model of the city’s expected progression by 2020.
Head next to the city’s Magnetic Levitation (Maglev) Train, a 19-mile (32km) high-speed rail connecting Shanghai’s downtown to Pudong Airport (PVG) in just eight minutes. You’ll be let off at the Pudong New Area where you’ll get to explore the city’s financial district before continuing to the site of the Shanghai Expo 2010, a park that offers a variety of exhibits about Chinese culture.
Take a break after the Expo visit for lunch at a traditional Chinese restaurant, then proceed through the underground Bund Sightseeing Tunnel, arriving after 5 minutes at the Shanghai World Financial Center. Journey to the 100th floor (the tallest that is occupied) of this 1,555-foot (474m) skyscraper, offering incredible views of the entire Shanghai urban area below.
End your day by passing through the Lujiazui Finance and Trade Zone, one of Shanghai’s biggest financial centers. You’ll also pass the Oriental Pearl Tower and the Jin Mao Building. Finish your day with a drop-off back at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY China Travel Depot
If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Private Tour: The Face of Modern Shanghai.