Japanese Replica Food Making Experience in Asakusa
- Learn the art behind Japan's fascinating 'replica' food during this fun-filled class
- Discover the history of replica food, a practice you'll see first-hand in the windows of eateries all over Japan
- Try your skill at making 'fake' tempura and artificial lettuce
- Fun experience for kids and families
- Take home one of your fake food creations as a souvenir at the end of class
Departure & Return
Departure PointGanso Shokuhin Sample-ya Kappabashi Showroom, 3-chōme-7-6 Nishiasakusa, Taito City, Tōkyō-to 111-0035, Japan
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Start your course by learning the history of this strange and delightful Japanese art form, which was invented in 20th-century Japan and slowly worked its way into mainstream acceptance. Today nearly every eatery country-wide displays some form of ‘fake’ food in a window outside its entrance.
You’ll then get to make some fake food samples of your own. Try your hand at making two different types of ‘artificial’ tempura, choosing between different food items like pumpkin slices, eggplant slices, and deep-fried prawns. You’ll also get to make a carbon-copy replica of a head of lettuce. It will look so real you might even want to take a bite!
At the end of your class, take home one of your creations to help remember your fun introduction to amazing world of Japan’s replica food.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 5 years
- This facility dose not allow visiter just watching even with participants due to the room capacity.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
- OPERATED BY Beauty of Japan
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms