Qianmen Street is a famous commercial street in the heart of Beijing that has been restored to its former glory after initially being established in the Ming and Qing Dynasties (1368-1911).
The street was once the entrance to Beijing city and is now bustling with various shops and eateries. The area has the architectural style of old Peking, and is home to 50 courtyards and hutongs that are listed as protected heritage sites. Many of the traditional shops in the area have been in operation for well over a century.
Visitors can approach Qianmen Street from either its north of south entrance. The Dangdang Che (trams) that ran in Beijing from the 1920s until the 1960s can also be found running the length of the street. These are modelled on the old trams and serve as sightseeing cars for tourists.
Qianmen Street Tours
Should I book Qianmen Street tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Qianmen Street 2021?
What's the best way to experience Qianmen Street?
- Beijing Private Night Walking Tour: Qianmen Street, Tian'ammen Square and Wangfujing Street
- Beijing Flexible Layover Night City Tour with Round Airport Transfers
- Private Beijing Museum Tour by Public Transportation with Lunch
- A Close Touch with the Rabbit God Figurine
Things to do near Beijing
- Things to do in Northern China
- Things to do in Tianjin
- Things to do in Datong
- Things to do in Shenyang
- Things to do in Jinan
- Things to do in Hohhot
- Things to do in Dalian
- Things to do in Xian
- Things to do in Incheon
- Things to do in Seoul
- Things to do in Eastern China
- Things to do in Northwest China
- Things to do in Pingyao
- Things to do in Okinawa
- Things to do in Northern Vietnam