Queensland Cultural Centre Tours
Brisbane's cultural precinct is on South Bank, opposite the city center on the Brisbane River.
The highlight of the Queensland Cultural Centre is the inspiring Gallery of Modern Art (GoMA), which hosts a regular program of visiting and local exhibitions. It's the largest contemporary art gallery in Australia, and includes drama and film.
Housed in another building is the Queensland Art Gallery and its collection of Australian and international art. Queensland Museum – South Bank documents the changing face of Brisbane and Queensland over the centuries, from culture and history to flora and fauna.
You’ll also find the State Library of Queensland, the Queensland Performing Arts Centre and the Queensland Theatre Company in this lively arts hub.
Several individual buildings make up the cultural center, taking up several blocks of riverfront from Kurilpa Bridge west to Victoria Bridge.
The best way to get here from the city center is to stroll across Victoria Bridge. South Brisbane train station is a few minutes' walk away on Grey Street, and ferries dock at South Bank.
2 Tours and Activities to Experience Queensland Cultural Centre
Frequently Asked Questions
Things to do near Brisbane
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in Choc
- Things to do in Gold Coast
- Things to do in Surfers Paradise
- Things to do in Noosa & Sunshine Coast
- Things to do in Brunswick Heads
- Things to do in Byron Bay
- Things to do in Rainbow Beach
- Things to do in Hervey Bay
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Sydney
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in South Australia