An island just off Mexico’s Caribbean coast and about 45 minutes by ferry from Playa del Carmen, Cozumel is known for its snorkeling and scuba diving, as well as its typically safe and laid-back atmosphere. Here are some kid-friendly ways to enjoy it.
- Explore the island in an adventurous way on a buggy, ATV, or Jeep tour.
- Enjoy water sports and thrills such as a jet boat ride.
- Go snorkeling for a chance to swim with tropical fish and other marine life.
- Learn about Mexican culture, past or present, at the Mayan ruins of Tulum or Discover Mexico Park.
- Head below the surface of the sea on an Atlantis submarine tour, or try out your own mini-sub for an underwater scooter experience.
- Visit Chankanaab Beach Adventure Park, home to a beach, lagoon, botanical garden, sea lion show, snorkeling opportunities, and more.