Just beyond the towering skyscrapers and luxury hotels of Dubai, one of the Middle East’s most fascinating metropolises, lies the desert of the United Arab Emirates—an incredibly interesting natural landscape of much more than just sand dunes. From camel rides to ATV adventures, here’s how to visit the desert around Dubai.
- Take a camel ride through the dunes of the Dubai desert for a traditional view of the stark and spectacular landscape.
- Hop into a 4WD vehicle for a day of dune bashing and desert exploration.
- Experience the thrill of sandboarding down desert sand dunes.
- Watch a falconry demonstration to learn about the hunting skills of the Emiratis’ favorite bird.
- Tuck into an alfresco BBQ dinner while watching a live tanoura (whirling dervish) and belly dancing show.
- Sleep beneath the stars on an overnight safari to a Bedouin camp.