Imagine days spent sipping Chianti and biking through olive groves, or strolling festive market stalls in search of the perfect tomato. To experience Tuscany’s flavorful cuisine, here are some of the best ways to dine and drink around Florence.
Must-Try Dishes & Drinks
Aside from the famously red-tiled buildings and fantastic abundance of art, Florence is known as a place where you visit to eat, drink, and be merry. Nibble on chunks of pecorino, a cheese from the village of Pienza, and pair it with slices of thinly cut salumi and a glass of Chianti wine. Learn what makes a Chianti Classico, and don’t leave Florence without also sampling some pizza, pasta, and gelato.
- Learn about different Tuscan reds on a 6-hour wine tasting tour.
- Try your hand at making homemade pasta from a professional Florentine chef.
- Take a small-group tour to nearby villages and sample their tasty specialties.
- Get hands-on experience with a cooking class in a Tuscan farmhouse or villa.
- Pedal through vineyards and olive groves that spring from Tuscan hillsides.