Iglesia de Santo Domingo
A beautiful neoclassical church, the Iglesia de Santo Domingo (St. Dominic's Church) rose to fame because the Virgen del Rosario was dedicated here and crowned as the queen of Guatemala in 1933.
The church took nearly two decades to construct, finishing in 1808. However, a little more than a century later, the building was damaged by the 1917 quake, and again in 1942. Fortunately, restoration allowed it to be brought back to its original form.
It is located at 12 Avenida 10-09 Zone 1 and for some the Church of Santo Domingo is famous for its beautiful neoclassical architecture.
Browse. Filter. Book.
Should I book Iglesia de Santo Domingo tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Iglesia de Santo Domingo 2020?
What's the best way to experience Iglesia de Santo Domingo?
- Guatemala City Afternoon Sightseeing Tour
- Antigua Guatemala & Guatemala City Tour
- Holy week Day tour in Guatemala City
Things to do near Guatemala City
- Things to do in Central Highlands
- Things to do in Antigua
- Things to do in Panajachel
- Things to do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in Puerto Quetzal
- Things to do in Quetzaltenango
- Things to do in Santa Ana
- Things to do in San Salvador
- Things to do in La Libertad
- Things to do in Flores
- Things to do in San Ignacio
- Things to do in Belize City
- Things to do in Ambergris Caye
- Things to do in Pacific Highlands
- Things to do in Western Highlands