Top Johannesburg Day Trips
165 results | All Johannesburg Tours
* A traveler said: "Solly is a really great Tour Guide. He knows nearly everything about the city. And he is always good for a little talk. Highly appreciated his cool character. Good Tour to explore the city. Highly recommended"
* A traveler said: "A wonderful time was had by my wife and I during the safari. It was worth the time and money. We saw 4 of 5 of the Big Five, including a leopard. The highlight of the tour was our vehicle being chased by an elephant. Yes it really did happen!!!!"
* A traveler said: "Had a wonderful time! Our guide was great and we saw lots of animals including the big 5! I would definitely recommend this tour to a friend!"
* A traveler said: "Thanbang was amazing and so informative and knew what he was talking about. I also enjoyed meeting the residents of Soweto especially the daycare kids, they were soo adorable and sweet. The experience was worth the money!"
* A traveler said: "The voice narration of the history of Johannesburg. The green route was very refreshing, l loved the breeze."
* A traveler said: "Really interesting tour. The guide Pastor was very knowledgeable and friendly, Apartheid museum was fascinating as was the chance to see what life is like in one of the Johannesburg townships although it does also make you feel sad to see some of the poverty these people endure"
* A traveler said: "Solly brought us safely through with such care and he was a book of knowledge /never did I realize the depth of those caves and all the treasures there"
* A traveler said: "My experience with Norman was exceptional . He was professional and courteous. He was very accommodating with our time. We asked lots of questions and he was very knowledgeable. This tour was enjoyable and relaxing I would definitely recommend. Thank you"
* A traveler said: "Despite making the booking at 11:30pm, Jason was there at 6am next morning to pick us up at the hotel. Spotted a lot of animals including lion, leopard, elephant, hippo, zebra, giraffes, wildebeest, antelopes and rhinos. Jason was very friendly and was a great guide throughout the day."
* A traveler said: "Eric was our tour guide for the visits to Soweto &Johannesburg. He was on time and was very knowledgeable and informative. He took the time to show us the original Nelson Mandela house and he even took us to our favorite place the Hard Rock Cafe. This excursion was well worth the money."
* A traveler said: "Loved the professionalism, the warm conversations and hospitality from reception to breakfast after the ride❤️❤️❤️The certificates were a special unexpected touch.Will definitely do it again and bring friends this time!"
* A traveler said: "Everything. From the wine tasting, information and the proffessional service. How the name of the place came about was also interesting to know. Now I know my wines better."
* A traveler said: "It was a birthday present for may daughter combined with my bucket list item flying Hang-gliders and small aircraft the balloon ride was a long outstanding thing. The Bill Harris site is well organised and recommendable for a fun morning outdoor adventure. It is not cheap but worth every penny. A day to remember for the rest of my live."
* A traveler said: "Our transfer was so easy and comfortable. Both our drivers going to and from Sun City were very professional and punctual. Had great conversations with both drivers which made the long journey to and from Sun City very enjoyable. Especially thanks to Elvis for being so kind and funny."
* A traveler said: "Gilda was an excellent tour guide. She was very informative, confident, and freely shared her knowledge of South African social history and more."
* A traveler said: "Pastor was amazing , enjoyed our day So knowledgeable on our tour, highly recommended , 5* plus for him"
* A traveler said: "Very nice tour. Combination of a cultural experience (brief history of South Africa, South African tribes, their traditions, food, houses, dances and songs) and of South African nature. In both places broad choice of souvenirs available. Good and friendly driver, excellent buffet -lunch."
* A traveler said: "Overall I give this safari package a 5 star rating. I was beyond what I could have ever imagined. Viva Safaris goes out of their way to give you the ultimate safari experience through sunrise, sunset and all day drives through the game parks. The personnel at the loge were exceptional, the food was great. The only negative item was that I was given the impression that on the day of arrival there would be time to relax, maybe take a dip in the pool before heading out on the sunset drive. The drive from Johannesburg took 8 hours including stops so we didn't arrive until 5:00 pm and the sunset drive was departing at 5:30 so there was barely enough time to put your bags in the room before activities begin. I would definitely do this safari again, although next time I would book either the 4 or 5 day instead of the 3 day."
* A traveler said: "We had an excellent time on this tour with Jason. We were lucky that there were only the two of us booked that day, so we got our own private tour. The best part was the visit to the lion park, in fact the highlight of our trip was getting to spend time with the cutest lion cubs. This was a great tour and I would highly recommend it. Thanks Jason!"
* A traveler said: "It was one of the most spectacular experiences of my life, and it was thanks to the attention and service of our guides Lareto and Bruce, who made our trip perfect. We saw many animals and we were able to find the big 5, the accommodation in the camps and the food was amazing, Lareto and Bruce have very good knowledge of the area and where to see the best games, we are super grateful for everything and we recommend this tour 100% already that in three days we did and saw everything. Thanks again to Lareto and Bruce for everything and I hope you can share this experience with many people."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Satyagraha House
- Carlton Centre
- Workers' Museum
- Museum Africa
- Old Fort Prison Complex
- Montecasino Bird Gardens
- Hartbeespoort Dam
- Hillbrow Tower
- Mandela House
- Nelson Mandela Bridge
- Pilanesberg National Park
- James Hall Museum of Transport
- Rhino and Lion Nature Reserve
- Origins Centre
- Gold Reef City
- Aha Lesedi Cultural Village
- Walter Sisulu National Botanical Garden
- SAB World of Beer
- Things to do in Gauteng
- Things to do in Pretoria
- Things to do in Port Elizabeth
- Things to do in Victoria Falls
- Things to do in Livingstone
- Things to do in Kasane
- Things to do in Harare
- Things to do in Western Cape
- Things to do in Zanzibar
- Things to do in Kilimanjaro
- Things to do in Mahé
- Things to do in Red Sea