Famously the training ground for Sir Edmund Hillary’s Everest ascent, Mount Cook (Aoraki), New Zealand’s highest peak, soars 12,316 feet (3,754 meters) into the clouds. But you don’t have to don your hiking boots to enjoy spectacular mountain views. Here are your options for Mount Cook helicopter tours.
- Fly over the dramatic landscapes of the Southern Alps, Tasman Valley, and Hochstetter Icefall on a scenic helicopter flight.
- Enjoy a glacier landing in the heart of Aoraki/Mount Cook National Park (Te Wahipounamu), then set out on a thrilling hike along the Tasman Glacier.
- Experience two scenic flights in one tour with a helicopter flight and snow landing, followed by a ski-plane ride.
- Explore the West Coast of New Zealand’s South Island from the air, and marvel at the natural wonders of the Franz Josef Glacier and the Fox Glacier.
- Take off from Mt. Cook Village for a flight over the Ben Ohau Mountains and touch down on the Richardson Glacier.