Île de la Cité
Îlede la Cité shares the Seine River with its upstream neighbor, ÎleSaint-Louis, right in the middle of Paris's city center. The westernmost end of the island is mostly residential with a small park at the tip, while the eastern end gives visitors the best view of the flying buttresses of Notre-Dame Cathedral. The Palais de Justice is also housed on the island, which has the Sainte-Chapelle inside, a tiny jewel box of almost kaleidoscopic color thanks to its wonderful stained glass.
Archaeologists found evidence of habitation on this island by the Romans, as early as the first century BC. But the early 17th century was when the island came into its own, after the construction of the Pont Neuf that spans the river and intersects with the western end.
Ways to experience Île de la Cité
Browse. Filter. Book.
Should I book Île de la Cité tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Île de la Cité 2020?
What's the best way to experience Île de la Cité?
- Capitaine Fracasse Boat 3-Course Dinner Cruise
- Off the Beaten Track: Guided Bike Tour of Paris Local Districts and Stories
- See 30 Plus Top Paris Sights with a Fun Guide
- Eiffel Tower Access with Seine River Dinner Cruise & Moulin Rouge Show
Things to do near Paris
- Things to do in Île-de-France
- Things to do in Versailles
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Rouen
- Things to do in Reims
- Things to do in Blois
- Things to do in Deauville City
- Things to do in Le Havre
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Dijon
- Things to do in Ghent
- Things to do in Dover
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Champagne
- Things to do in Normandy