Saint Germain des Prés
As is common in Europe, the Saint Germain des Prés neighborhood is named after its church, in this case the sixth-century Benedictine Église de Saint-Germain-des-Prés, named after Saint Germain, in honor of the Bishop of Paris. We have this church to thank for the student-led vibe of the area; they donated the land from the church to the Seine and to the University of Paris, thus creating the Latin Quarter that we know and love today.
The main street in the neighborhood, in the sixth arrondissement, is the Haussmann-designed Boulevard Saint Germain. It has chic stores and plenty of cafes for people watching. In fact, the romance of whiling away the hours at a cafe was practically born in Saint Germain des Prés, at historic Les Deux Magots and Café de Flore.
Ways to experience Saint Germain des Prés
Browse. Filter. Book.
Should I book Saint Germain des Prés tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Saint Germain des Prés 2020?
What's the best way to experience Saint Germain des Prés?
- Paris French Sweet Gourmet Specialties Tasting Tour with Pastry & Chocolate
- Paris Vintage Tour by Night on a Sidecar with Champagne included
- Paris Best Original Dinner, EXPLORE FOOD TOURS.
- Conversational French Language Class in Paris
Things to do near Paris
- Things to do in Île-de-France
- Things to do in Versailles
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Rouen
- Things to do in Reims
- Things to do in Blois
- Things to do in Deauville City
- Things to do in Le Havre
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Dijon
- Things to do in Ghent
- Things to do in Dover
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Champagne
- Things to do in Normandy