Set on the UNESCO list of Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity, fado is a song style mixing elements of poetry and music. Although it originated in Lisbon, this soulful folk music has found its way into Porto's music venues as well. Here's where to listen for yourself.
- Listen to authentic live Fado music at one of Porto's many live music venues.
- Combine an evening Fado concert with a Porto night tour, Rio Douro cruise, or wine tasting.
- Savor the flavors of a traditional Portuguese meal during a Fado dinner show.
- Sip on Porto City's famous port wine during a haunting Portuguese guitar and vocal performance.
- Most Fado tours include hotel pickup and drop-off.