Ipanema Hippie Fair (Feira Hippie de Ipanema) Tours and Activities
Each Sunday General Osório Square in Ipanema transforms into one of Rio’s most popular open-air markets, the Ipanema Hippie Fair (Feira Hippie de Ipanema). This particular market began in 1968 when a group of hippies hanging out in Rio got together to sell and swap their belongings.
Today, the market comprises more than 700 vendors selling Brazilian folk art, jewelry, clothing and souvenirs. It’s one of the best places in town to find bargains on authentic Brazilian crafts and souvenir items, especially embroidered items, lace and ceramic figurines.
Hungry shoppers will find food stalls at the corners of the market selling local favorites like bacalhau (an omelet made from salted codfish), acarajé (mashed black-eyed pea croquettes stuffed with shrimp) and coconut candy.
Tours and Activities to Experience Ipanema Hippie Fair (Feira Hippie de Ipanema)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Special Tour in Rio: São Bento Monastery, Santa Teresa and Ipanema's Hippie Fair
- Ipanema Hippie Fair Guided Tour with Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Farmers, Ipanema Handicraft & Northeastern Traditions Markets
- Things to do in Southeast Brazil
- Things to do in Santos
- Things to do in Belo Horizonte
- Things to do in Sao Paulo
- Things to do in Northeast Brazil
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina
- Things to do in Altiplano
- Things to do in North Chile
- Things to do in Amazon
- Things to do in South Coast