More than 1600 pre-Columbian artifacts, including Costa Rica’s very first coin, handmade ceramics and a life-sized warrior, are housed in this museum that was opened in 1985. The museum’s collection displays indigenous works dating from 500 AD to 1500 AD, including traditional jewelry and culturally relevant pieces from other Latin American countries. Displays on the second floor explore the influence of these artifacts on the social and cultural development of the nation, as well as a history of Costa Rica’s currency. Signs in both Spanish and English easily guide guests through hallways filled with rich history.
Browse. Filter. Book.
What are Gold Museum hours of operation?
What's the best way to experience Gold Museum?
- San Jose Walking and Bus City Tour
- Half-Day San Jose Evening Bus Tour with Dinner and Pickup
- Half-Day San Jose City Tour
- San Jose City Tour
Things to do near San Jose
- Things to do in Central Valley
- Things to do in Alajuela
- Things to do in Quepos
- Things to do in Jaco
- Things to do in Puntarenas
- Things to do in La Fortuna de San Carlos
- Things to do in La Fortuna
- Things to do in Monteverde
- Things to do in Limon
- Things to do in Managua
- Things to do in Panama City
- Things to do in San Blas Islands
- Things to do in San Salvador
- Things to do in Central Pacific
- Things to do in Caribbean Coast