Sarapiqui Canopy Tours
You’ve heard all about Costa Rica’s famous biodiversity – and the tropical rainforest Sarapiqui Canopy is the place to experience it first-hand.
Home of the endangered green macaw, and a number of famous reserves including the Braulio Carrillo National Park, Sarapiqui’s river-filled fertile landscape is best discovered by boat cruise.
From the waterways you’ll spot monkeys, sloths, otters, turtles and all kinds of birds, including the quetzal.
The base for boat excursions into the Sarapiqui Canopy is Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui, at the junction of the Sarapiqui and Puerto Viejo rivers.
Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui is 80 km (50 miles) north of San Jose in Heredia province, a drive of around 2 hours. The only access is by road, and the most convenient way to visit is by organized tour.
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Sarapiqui Canopy
No results found!
Things to do near San Jose
- Things to do in Central Valley
- Things to do in Alajuela
- Things to do in Quepos
- Things to do in Jaco
- Things to do in Puntarenas
- Things to do in La Fortuna de San Carlos
- Things to do in La Fortuna
- Things to do in Monteverde
- Things to do in Limon
- Things to do in Managua
- Things to do in Panama City
- Things to do in San Blas Islands
- Things to do in San Salvador
- Things to do in Central Pacific
- Things to do in Caribbean Coast