Cejar Lagoon (Laguna Cejar)
Located just 20 miles from the town of San Pedro de Atacama, this unusual desert sinkhole attracts many visitors. Filled with water, Cejar Lagoon(Laguna Cejar) is popular for the opportunity it provides to take a dip in the middle of the desert. The water can have salt concentrations up to 30 percent, which makes floating not only easy, but also pretty much impossible to avoid. For this reason, the lake is often compared to the Dead Sea and is sometimes called the “floating lake.” The top few inches of water are often warm from the sun, while there are cold currents down below, making for a mixed swimming experience.
Even if you decide not to swim in this “floating lake,” enjoy the view and how the glassy surface reflects the scenery back to you, including the Domeyko mountain range. Flamingos occasionally fly overhead and the lake is ringed white with residual salt, while the blue of the lake contrasts with the yellow tussock grass that grows all around.
Browse. Filter. Book.
Should I book Cejar Lagoon (Laguna Cejar) tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Cejar Lagoon (Laguna Cejar) 2020?
What's the best way to experience Cejar Lagoon (Laguna Cejar)?
- Atacama Salt Flat Lagoons Tour Including Ojos del Salar from San Pedro de Atacama
- Laguna Cejar Tour Safari style by Grade 10
- San Pedro de Atacama: 4-Days Magic Desert Adventure
- 3-day adventure in the desert of San Pedro de Atacama
Things to do near San Pedro de Atacama
- Things to do in North Chile
- Things to do in Uyuni
- Things to do in Salta
- Things to do in Vallegrande
- Things to do in La Paz
- Things to do in Copacabana
- Things to do in Arequipa
- Things to do in Puno
- Things to do in La Serena
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina
- Things to do in Altiplano
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in The Pampas