Alive Museum Insadong Tours
Read MoreShow Less
The Alive Museum in Seoul’s artsy Insadong neighborhood is the largest of its kind in South Korea—two floors packed with more than 100 pieces of art. Unlike most art museums, Alive Museum invites visitors to interact with the murals, digital media, and other “trick art” by snapping photos to create optical illusions.
Visiting the Alive Museum gives visitors the opportunity to walk the red carpet with celebrities, play tennis with Marilyn Monroe, gallup away on a carousel horse, or go swimming in a huge mug of beer … or at least that’s what the photos you take away will show. This type of art, called object art, creates a 4D experience that lets you place yourself in the middle of the pictures. It’s a fun excursion for travelers of all ages—particularly families and couples.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Alive Museum Insadong is popular with families, couples, and groups of friends.
- Don’t forget your camera; this museum is packed with fun photo ops.
- Give yourself one to two hours to experience the museum.
- How to Get There
- The Alive Museum occupies the two basement levels of the Daeil building in Insadong. Get there by riding the Seoul Subway to Jongno 3-ga Station (line 1, 3, or 5) and leaving through exit 1.
When to Get There
The museum is open daily throughout the year from 9am to 8pm. Try to visit early in the morning before the museum is too crowded, so you don’t have to deal with as many people when trying to frame your photos.
The Alive Museum is situated in Insadong, one of Seoul’s trendiest neighborhoods. When you visit the museum, give yourself some extra time to explore the surrounding area. Duck into art galleries, shop for gifts and souvenirs at the craft boutiques, or have a cup of tea in a traditional Korean teahouse. Seoul’s five Joseon-era palaces, as well as Bukchon Hanok Village, are also nearby.
Address: 12 Insadong, Jongno, Seoul, South Korea
5 Tours and Activities to Experience Alive Museum Insadong
You can reserve your spot today and pay when you're ready.
You can reserve your spot today and pay when you're ready.
*Alive Museum* Alive Museum is the first play and experience exhibition hall in Korea that was created by combining various art concepts, such as media, object art, and others through the “optical art.” A variety of participatory artworks with humorous ideas created through visual arts, large object arts, and advanced technology media are on display. Why don’t you make your own pose and take fun pictures in the Alive Museum? *Dynamic Maze* Dynamic Maze is an indoor exciting program that you can enjoy dynamic experiences from one dimension to another in the maze.
Embark on a visual journey through artworks from the likes of Gogh, Manet and Picasso. Feed a giraffe or box with a kangaroo, rock climb hundreds of feet or ride a runaway mine train! At Alive Museum you can step in to become the subject of the paintings and take hilarious, mind-bending photos! These classic paintings are transformed into multi-dimensional optical illusions using a range of perspective techniques and mirror effects. The building also houses Seoul's newest indoor attraction: Dynamic Maze. Band together with a group of friends to work out clues, decode puzzles, and take on a range of easy and difficult challenges in order to break free of the maze! Buy each attraction individually or try out both with the combo ticket.
Taking safety measures
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
*Dynamic Maze* Dynamic Maze is an indoor exciting program that you can enjoy dynamic experiences from one dimension to another in the maze. *Alive Museum* Alive Museum is the first play and experience exhibition hall in Korea that was created by combining various art concepts, such as media, object art, and others through the “optical art.” A variety of participatory artworks with humorous ideas created through visual arts, large object arts, and advanced technology media are on display. Why don’t you make your own pose and take fun pictures in the Alive Museum?
Let’s Roam is the #1 app-led scavenger hunt company. Walk to all the best landmarks and hidden gems, answering trivia questions and solving challenges. Work with your team or compete against them, as you learn new facts and create memorable experiences. Let’s Roam Scavenger Hunts are great as an everyday activity, or for bachelorette parties, birthday parties, corporate team building events and more! Each player chooses an interactive role, with challenges varying by person.
1. Mainly family-oriented tourists complain that it is difficult to tour all over Seoul by using public transportation. Also, in the aftermath of COVID-19, it is perfect for customers who want a safer private means rather than public transportation. 2. Unlike traditional tours, where all courses are set in a batch, it is a customized tour product that can be selected and configured from a variety of genre tourist attractions options such as culture, history, art, and leisure. 3. In addition to the options presented, any attractions of particular interest are reflected in the tour course. This is a new concept tour such as unlimited free pass to enjoy Seoul in the most special and comfortable way. (* Within the set tour time) 4. This is the best product for tourists who want to enjoy Seoul compactly and comfortably in one day in a premium luxury van. Before traveling, messages are exchanged directly with the operator, schedules are adjusted, and tours with optimum satisfaction are provided.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What's the best way to experience Alive Museum Insadong?
Things to do near Seoul
- Things to do in Sokcho
- Things to do in Incheon
- Things to do in Yongin
- Things to do in Jeonju
- Things to do in Gyeongju
- Things to do in Busan
- Things to do in Dandong
- Things to do in Seogwipo
- Things to do in Osaka
- Things to do in Kyoto
- Things to do in Shanghai
- Things to do in Beijing
- Things to do in Gangwon
- Things to do in Fukuoka Prefecture
- Things to do in Nagasaki Prefecture