Shetland Islands Tours, Tickets, & Excursions
Saved to wishlist!
See the best of the Isle of Lewis on this guided day tour. Your guide will fill you in on all the must-know details about the Hebridean island's distinctive history and culture while you visit such sites as the 5,000-year-old Callanish Standing Stones, the 19th-century Blackhouse, Arnol, and the 2,500-year-old Carloway Broch.
This informative audio guided tour through the historic fishing town of Lerwick will take you through the narrow streets where you will see sights such as great Fort Charlotte and take in breathtaking views from The Knab. Perfectly suited for discovery on foot, our self-guided audio tour allows you to set the pace and explore at your leisure as you uncover the stories of this absorbing town. To discover this fascinating town in your own time and at your own pace just download this self-guided audio tour, pop in your headphones, open the map that comes with your download and start walking. You will enjoy learning about the history of Lerwick, from its Norse roots to its fishing industries and the historical buildings that exist around the town. The tour will take approximately two hours, but you can pause the audio guide when needed. Grab a bite to eat or do some shopping along the way. Please note that this tour is only available in English.
Lerwick is the main town and port of the Shetland Islands. On our first stop we will visit the incredible Clickimin Broch. After seeing this remarkable site, we will drive back to the centre and spend some time visiting some of the main attractions in this amazing village: Fort Charlotte- Hay´s Dock is a beautifully restored historic dock. Visit the Shetland Museum and Archives where the galleries are split into different zones. Enjoy the picturesquely grouped house and stores built on lodberry. Enjoy the views over Victoria Pier. Finally, we will drive down to Croft House Museum, to visit our last attraction. Lerwick Town Hall was designed to dominate the surrounding townscape from the town in its setting on the ridge of the Hillhead PLEASE NOTE: Walking is involved Shetland Museum and Archives is close on Wednesday and Sunday, this attraction will be replaced by the Lerwick Town Hall MISSING YOU ALREADY!!
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best tours in Shetland Islands?
What tours in Shetland Islands are taking additional safety precautions?
- Things to do in Lerwick
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in Northeast Scotland
- Things to do in Western Norway
- Things to do in Aberdeen
- Things to do in Inverness
- Things to do in Bergen
- Things to do in Aviemore
- Things to do in Torshavn
- Things to do in Central Scotland
- Things to do in North East England
- Things to do in Lake District
- Things to do in Yorkshire
- Things to do in North West England
- Things to do in East of England
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets