A neo-Gothic masterpiece, Highclere Castle is best known for doubling as Downton Abbey in the much-loved TV series of the same name. The turreted, sandstone mansion was created by Sir Charles Barry, the architect behind England’s Houses of Parliament. The site upon which it stands has been in the hands of the Carnarvon family since the 17th century, and the Earl and Countess of Carnarvon now welcome the public to explore the lavishly decorated interior, the Egyptian Exhibition, and the 1,000-acre (405-hectare) Capability Brown–designed grounds.
Ways to experience Highclere Castle
Browse. Filter. Book.
What are Highclere Castle hours of operation?
Should I book Highclere Castle tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Highclere Castle 2020?
What's the best way to experience Highclere Castle?
- Highclere Castle and Downton Abbey Film locations Day Tour from Southampton
- Transfer from Southampton to London via Highclere Castle and Downton Abbey
- Multi location tour
- Transfer tours
Things to do near Southampton
- Things to do in South East England
- Things to do in Salisbury
- Things to do in Bath
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Oxford
- Things to do in Bristol
- Things to do in London
- Things to do in Cardiff
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in South West England
- Things to do in East of England