With 472 miles (760 km) of bike lanes, Stockholm is an ideal place to explore on two wheels—it's eco-friendly and takes you off the beaten track to destinations unreachable by tour buses. Here are your options for bike tours in the Swedish capital.
- Explore Stockholm's most popular landmarks and off-the-beaten-path sites, and cover the ground with ease
- Spin through the city streets the way the locals do
- Enjoy fresh air and fine views over the archipelago coastline from the saddle
- Most tours last between three and four hours, depending on the number of stops
- Cycle tours typically include bicycle and helmet, plus ferry fees where applicable
City Bike Tours
There are almost as many bikes on the streets of Stockholm as there are cars—this is a very cycle-friendly city. Visitors can hop into the saddle and take in top sites of interest such as Djurgården, Gamla Stan, and Kungliga Slottet with ease, covering more ground with less effort than walking tours require. Pedal along the shoreline for fine coastal views, or spin over to the trendy island of Södermalm—home to eclectic cafes, galleries, and shops.
Nature Bike Tours
Surrounded on all sides by dense forests and coastal islands, Stockholm is a cyclist's dream destination. Visitors looking to escape the city streets can tackle mountain bike trails through the Nacka Reserve, spin along canals, and enjoy the freedom of the open road. Join the locals, embrace the great outdoors, and enjoy the fresh air of coastal Stockholm by bike.