Tilcara Tours, Tickets, & Excursions
Saved to wishlist!
Half-day trekking in which you will enjoy a personalized activity. We will walk paths where the colors of the mountains will motivate us to interpret the different geological processes. The middle section of our route passes through a mud maze with vertical walls over 40 meters high. When we reach 2700 meters / nm we will rest, enjoying a unique landscape alone, maybe the condor will fly through our place of rest. The sun, the clouds, the wind will be our only travel companions. I offer you an activity in which we will walk 8 kms approximately. The circuit is located on the outskirts of Purmamarca being an exclusive place for which other people do not enter. It is a pleasant journey in which we will share stories about geology, native plants and their medicinal use, as well as the history of the region.
Our meeting point will be just 1 block from the main square, before starting the experience we are going to have an introduction to cycling, a safety talk and an explanation about the circuit that we are going to ride. The first part we will cycle through town seeing some highlights, then we will get deeply into the rural area where we are going to have some stops to see multicolored hills, the history from the region, farms and the rural lifestyle. On the way we are going to cycle by gravel roads, paths, uphills and flowy downhills. The experience will end in town.
Declared Cultural and Natural Patrimony of Humanity, the Quebrada de Humahuaca is an arid zone of scenic and cultural beauty.
Get back to nature on this full-day tour of the Jujuy province from Tilcara and discover the natural wonders of Argentina’s far north. Enjoy a close encounter with pink flamingos, vicunas, and Andean ostriches, and spot native bird species, as you explore the vast wetlands of the Pozuelos Lagoon. Then, visit the regional capital of Abra Pampa, where you can browse the local markets, shop for traditional handicrafts, and tuck into a typical Argentine lunch (included).
The walk with llamas is an activity in which the passenger will enjoy a short and enjoyable tour in the company of llamas. My llamas are very friendly and they are allowed to take close-up pictures. The route adapts to the need of the passenger, usually has a duration of two hours. While enjoying the walk, the geology of the landscape, the history and the native plants are interpreted with their medicinal use.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best tours in Tilcara?
The best tours in Tilcara according to Viator travelers are:
What tours in Tilcara are taking additional safety precautions?
These Tilcara experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What tours in Tilcara are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Tilcara may have limited interaction with crowds:
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets