Are you interested in?
- Enjoy the atmosphere of a smaller-sized vessel with a naturalist guide
- Learn about the diverse wildlife and geological formations of Milford Sound
- Choose from several departure times to suit your schedule
- Get a glacial facial under Stirling Falls
Departure & Return
Check in at our Southern Discoveries Milford Sound Visitor Centre, which is clearly visible as soon as you enter the Milford Sound Terminal - Freshwater Basin, Milford Sound Highway 94, Milford Sound 9679.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Sip a hot cup of coffee or tea, and take advantage of spacious outdoor decks or the warm indoor seating with large viewing windows. Throughout the cruise, you’ll pass glacier-carved rock walls, such as the 5,550-foot (1,692-meter) Mitre Peak, jutting up from the fiord. Due to the boat’s smaller size, your captain comes close enough to the tumbling waterfalls to offer a taste of the pure waters from the frothy cascades.
Search for fur seals, bottlenose dolphins and Fiordland crested penguins as you listen to commentary about this postcard-perfect landscape in the World Heritage–listed Fiordland National Park.
At the end of the cruise, your captain returns you to the Visitor Centre.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise of your country of origin at the time of booking
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Car Parking: On arrival at Milford Sound you can park at the Milford Sound carpark at a fee of $20 for 5 hours. Please allow 10 minutes to walk from the main carpark to the Milford Sound Visitor Centre. Alternatively, you can park free of charge at Deepwater Basin Carpark and walk over to Freshwater Basin to the cruise terminal. This walk is approximately 30 minutes in duration, so additional time will need to be allocated in order to do this comfortably and arrive at the terminal 15 minutes prior to your cruise for check-in.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Southern Discoveries
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Going there adds a day to the itinerary as the only option is basically a round trip out of Te Anau." See review