Are you interested in?
- Private tour in Goa with an English-speaking guide
- Visit Ancestral Goa, a center for preserving art, culture and the environment located in a traditional village
- Admire Goa’s Portuguese-influenced architecture and learn about Hinduism at Shantadurga Temple and Mangueshi Temple
- Tour a spice village and plantation to learn about this important Indian product
- Enjoy an authentic Indian lunch and taste how the different spices are used in the region's cuisine
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 10 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Tour the village with your expert guide and gain insight into age-old traditions like bringing feni—a local moonshine made from cashews or coconut. Check out the 250-year-old Portuguese mansion called Casa Araujo and explore its lavish rooms, which include a dining hall and chapel. An impressive doorway leads to a towering staircase that makes this historic structure truly stunning.
From there, head to Shantadurga Temple. This impressive complex was built in 1738 AD and is surrounded by brilliant green foliage. Your guide explains more about the Indo-Portuguese architecture when you venture inside. Brilliant stained-glass windows and a golden palanquin known as a palkhi decorate this religious center.
Next, head to the 400-year-old Mangueshi Temple. Built to honor the goddess Shiva, the temple and its iconic pillars play an essential role in the community.
Finally, drive in air-conditioned comfort to a nearby spice village where you are greeted by a biologist who explains the vegetation that lives on the plantation. Learn about medicinal purposes for herbs and sample cuisine that uses these flavorful spices during a full buffet lunch of authentic Indian fare.
At the conclusion of your private cultural tour, head back to your hotel in Goa for the evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Please note that lunch will not be served until mid- to late-afternoon. You’re welcome to bring a packed lunch if you’d like to eat prior to the buffet lunch.
- A maximum of 9 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY GeTs Holidays
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff